Sunday, January 3, 2010

Costa Rica day 5

Hi readers,
Today is day five and if you've been keeping up you would know that we are at a huge hotel that I found out is called Punta Islita. Today is Christmas Eve! We started the day of with a hike to the beach that lasted about an hour and a half. When we arrived at the beach we quickly claimed some chairs and jumped into the pool. There was a water bar in the pool an within the next two minutes all eight (not including Hannah) of the kids had somehow managed to order chocolate milkshakes and boy were they good.

For the next few hours we swam in the pool, had lunch, had more chocolate milkshakes and attempted to make a "thank you" card for the guides. Around three we headed down the beach to the surfing people for a surf lesson. The surfing on the beach wasn't all that great and since I already know how to surf I didn't find it very fun. The waves were to rough to surf when you went out deeper so you only got to surf for a few seconds before you hit the beach.

Anyway after we washed up on the beach we went swimming to get the salt off and I got babysitting duty. Simon, Elle, Noah and Liam wanted to go and swim in the ocean and so I had to go watch them.

We ended going up, getting changed and then returning to the beach for a Christmas dinner. It was really good! Well merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment