Monday, December 20, 2010

Trip to India - Days 1 and 2


Okay so this is my first entry in a while so for those of you who have read this before, welcome back :)

 Anyway today marked the beginning of our two week journey in India. We left the house and made our way to the airport and in a few hours we were on a plane on our way to Toronto. Four hours later after a bit of a mad dash we were on another plane, this time headed for Frankfurt, Germany. 
 
Germany was a winter wonderland that we didn't really get to enjoy because frankly we were just too tired. We checked in, went upstairs and passed out. We woke up a few hours later to find that it was about two in the afternoon and so we decided to go look for something to eat. Turns out the Germans no how to drink hot cocoa in style, they give you hot milk and a block of solid chocolate on a stick which you dunk to your hearts content till its nice and chocolatey, it's really quite nice. They also had this life size gingerbread house that you could go sit inside which was pretty cool. Later we decided to go visit the pool for a dip where Simon proceeded to run outside and roll, and I mean literally roll in the snow before jumping in the hot tub. Also did you know europeans like to swim naked? I don't think Simon did and after he saw that he suddenly lost all interest in swimming and wanted to go up to the room.

 
The next day at 10:30am we left for the airport, and it was probably the most hectic airports I have ever been in. So as you may know Heathrow was out of commission because of all the snowfall and actually so was most of Europe. Therefore Frankfurt didn't have any planes for most of the morning so they had to cancel all of the planes till 1pm onward (ours was at 1 so we just made it) and even when planes were there most of them weren't able to leave because there wasn't enough de-icing fluid for the wings. So as you can imagine that left a LOT of people stranded without flights and frankly in pretty bad moods. I'm not going to go into detail about what went on because it was quite stressful and will most likely bore you. Anyway we stood in line forever got yelled at a lot and eventually got through to our flight where we had the whole cabin to ourselves, well ourselves and another guy for yet another six and a half hours. 

We arrived at 1am and were greeted by a driver from our tour service who was surprisingly perky for the middle of the night. On the way to the hotel we almost hit a bobcat who at the last second decided he best not cross the street. Then we checked in and were greeted by yet another perky person, (if there is anything I have learned so far it's that people on this trip are WAY too perky way too early in the morning) and then went off to bed.


-Chloe :)

1 comment:

  1. I have written you twice but it doesn't show. I'lltry it one more time. I hope you are having a wonderful trip. I don't seem to be able to find everything thata you wrote on your trip to India. Let me know where i can find it. It was pure luck that i got this far, lol.
    I'll check again tomorrow. hugs and kisses, Memere....

    ReplyDelete