Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 1 (continued)

Hi again,
Ok so sice I've left you we have arrived in Hong Kong and are hanging out in the lounge at the hotel trying to stay awake. Oh and by the way it's 10:51 pm here for those you who are wondering.

The plane was two hours late leaving Vancouver because I think there was an oil leak but they werent very clear on the matter so I'm not quite sure. At first the pilot announced we would be fifteen minutes late, then another half an hour, then another hour.... You get the idea. Anyway while we were waiting to takeoff we noticed a repetitive clipping noise coming from behind us. Turns out some guy had decided that this would be a good time to start clipping his nails. And then when he had finally finished with his hands he took his socks off and started to clip his toes. Once we had taken off mum actually befriended the toe clipper who insisted we come visit him so he could teach us how to fly. We did make other friends on the plane ride too though they weren't as strange as our toe clipping friend.

We had lunch on the plane and then tried to sleep for as long as possible, though this being one of the longest flights I had ever been on (18 hours) this didn't seem to get us anywhere so we soon gave up. Also either I need to fly less often or the planes need to upload newer movies more frequently because I have run out of things to watch while on the plane.

We finally descended into Hong Kong and getting off the aircraft im pretty sure the first thing I heard was "Yes.....Yes ok now please take the fourtune cookie

1 comment:

  1. Yay for toe clipping bffs! lol souds like a painful flight 18 hrs O.O
    -beth

    ReplyDelete